Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tasty Bites: Peppermint chocolate & white chocolate brownies



This one's a holiday treat I am certain to be making year-round, although I'm not even going to pretend it's healthy. I think it's worth the splurge, however, since it pulls together two of my favorite flavor combos: salty and sweet with chocolate and mint. Totally delicious. In fact, I think I'll go have another taste. . .

Yep, still delicious.

Since this was my first attempt at from-scratch brownies as well as the white chocolate topping, I followed this recipe from Real Simple pretty much to the letter, although out of necessity I did replace 1/4 cup of the all-purpose flour for white whole-wheat flour since I did a bad job of planning ahead and only had the dregs left in my flour container.  Oops.  I'm pretty sure the other flavors mask the whole wheat flavor successfully, however, and may even try swapping out 1/2 cup next time.  Let me just go taste and double-check. . .

Nope, still can't taste any whole wheat flour.

These tasty bites are perfect for the holidays, complete with festive colors and seasonal decadence, but in my world, this one's getting added to the list of go-to indulgences for the days when you just need a little salty-sweet yumminess. Like today, for instance. Hope you make them and agree!




If you enjoyed this post, don't forget that you can subscribe to receive email updates with new posts from Jesstimonials by typing your address into the Feedburner box in the top right hand corner of my blog.

No comments: